Hypalon® (csm) is a chlorosulfonated polyethylene that offers strong protection in the presence of extreme heat and/or oxidizing chemicals. Hypalon® (csm) has developed a reputation of maintaining a long life in various harsh environments.
- holds up well to physical stresses such as VHP, UV, weathering, abrasion, ozone, and various chemicals;
- is not flammable and shows little effect from repeated flexion;
- offers a high level of protection from caustics, oils, concentrated alkalis, fuels, and certain solvents;
- maintains physical integrity in high and low temperatures;
- offers low moisture absorption;
- is often white/almond in color and can also be produced in blue.