Butadyl, which is a carboxylated acrylonitrile butadiene rubber with polymer additives, was recently developed to serve as a cost-efficient replacement for products made of Hypalon® (csm) and Neoprene.
- is often used in nuclear research centers and in situations where vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP) is used;
- offers strong resistance to most aromatic hydrocarbons, petroleum solvents, oils, fats, acids, and greases;
- does not degrade in the presence of sun and/or ozone;
- is not prone to induce allergic reactions;
- is either black or vanilla in color.